Disclaimer: Versant Health, Inc.’s and each of its subsidiaries’ (together, “Versant Health’s”) policies and procedures (“P&Ps”) are confidential and proprietary, and are subject to change at any time. These P&Ps are not all-inclusive, but contains general information that applies to many, but not all, employer group health plans administered by Versant. Versant Health’s P&Ps provide important information for its in-network eyecare providers and are contractually binding for compliance, based on each provider’s agreement. These P&Ps are internal guidelines relating to Versant Health’s role as an administrator for payors of vision benefit claims. These P&Ps are not intended to dictate medical care decisions, and they do not and should not be interpreted as a substitute or replacement for a treating physician’s prudent clinical judgment at the time vision services are delivered to a patient.
We welcome any questions regarding Superior Vision’s privacy & compliance policies and practices. In addition to the information below, you can email our privacy officer at SuperiorVisionPrivacy@versanthealth.com.
- Authorization for Disclosure of Protected Health Information
- Confidential Communications Request
- Superior Vision Services, Inc. HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices
- Declaración de Privacidad en Español esta aquí.
- Superior Vision Services, Inc./NGL Joint Notice of Privacy Practices
- NGL insurance Group Privacy Notice
- Superior Vision of Texas HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices
- Superior Vision of Texas Privacy Notice
- Superior Vision of New Jersey, Inc. Notice of Privacy Practices
- Superior Vision of New Jersey, Inc. Privacy Notice
- Superior Vision Insurance Plan of Wisconsin, Inc. HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices
- Superior Vision Insurance Plan of Wisconsin, Inc. Privacy Notice
- Superior Vision Benefit Management, Inc. Notice of Privacy Practices
- Superior Vision Benefit Management, Inc. Privacy Notice
- Superior Vision Services, Inc. Notice of Privacy Practices New York
- Superior Vision Services, Inc. Privacy Notice New York
- HIPAA is the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) enacted by Congress and signed into law in August 1996. Title I of the act primarily addressed the protection of health insurance coverage when an individual changed or lost their job.
Title II of the act includes Administrative Simplification provisions which includes:
- Electronic health transaction standards and code sets – The implementation of a national standard for transmitting health data electronically and the use of standard code sets that describe diseases, injuries and other health problems.
- Unique identifiers – A system that uses one identification number per employer, health plan or payer and health care provider to simplify administration.
- Security – The safeguard for the storage, access and transmission of electronic patient information.
- Privacy – Limits the use or disclosure of protected health information to a minimum necessary standard. Provides the right to see and get copies of records, request amendments to records and learn details of certain disclosures of their records.
The Act has been implemented through regulations. The below timeline reflects the implementation of the various components of HIPAA:
Date Deadline August 1996 HIPAA Signed into Law April 2003 Effective Date of the HIPAA Privacy Rule October 2003 Electronic Health Care Transactions and Code Sets April 2005 Effective Date of the HIPAA Security Rule March 2006 Effective Date of the HIPAA Breach Enforcement Rule May 2008 National Provider Identifier September 2009 Effective date of the Breach Notification Rule January 2012 Electronic Health Care Transactions and Code Sets – 5010 March 2013 Effective Date of the Final Omnibus Rule October 2013 Electronic Health Care Transactions and Code Sets – ICD-10
What is Versant Health doing about HIPAA?
Versant Health is fully committed to maintaining the highest levels of security and privacy for its members, providers and clients while ensuring adherence to all applicable Federal and State laws and regulations. Versant Health is fully compliant with all HIPAA Title II rules as defined above and has established a department that can respond to your questions or provide additional information:
P.O. Box 1416
Latham, NY 12110-1416
Phone: 1 (800) 571-3366
Fax: 1 (866) 999-4640
Want to learn more about HIPAA?
The following web link will take you from the Davis Vision website to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services page that contains information regarding HIPAA and the Administrative Simplification Act. The website address is: https://www.cms.gov/Regulations-and-Guidance/Administrative-Simplification/HIPAA-ACA/index.html
881 Elkridge Landing Road
Linthicum Heights, MD 21090
You may call us at 1 (800) 507-3800.
We collect Click-stream data, HTTP Cookies. At the user’s option, we may also collect Search terms, Given Name (First Name), Family Name (Last Name), User’s Identity certificate, Telephone numbers, On-line address, and Unique identifiers. We collect this data for the purpose of site administration, completing the user’s current activity, and site customization. This data will be given to ourselves and our agents. We collect this information for the following reason:
Information gathered at this site is used for: Web traffic and error reporting, account identification and service listing, contact information for follow up communication and customer care, eye care professional search functionality. Information is not shared with organizations not an entity of Superior Vision Services, its Web delivery partner, software vendors, brokers or service eye care specialists.
Cookies are a technology which can be used to provide you with tailored information from a website. A cookie is an element of data that a website can send to your browser, which may then store it on your system. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether to accept it.
- Site administration
- Completing the user’s current activity
- Site customization